Monday, March 29, 2010

Letter of Intent

I have finally finished the Letter of Intent regarding Maddy. It was hard to write and took me several months. For those of you who are new to my blog here is the original post I wrote regarding the Letter of Intent.

The short version of the story is that once the hubby and I are gone, someone will need a guideline to help Maddy and the more information they have the easier the transition will be for everyone. We know that Maddy can never live on her own, she will always need a support system in place. It is very difficult to sit down and write honestly about things that your child lacks.

I am now in the process of reviewing and updating the document. It will always be a work in progress and I will have to update it once or twice a year. I now need for people who know Maddy to read the document and provide me with additional input. The more information we have the better.

If you are a close friend or family just e-mail me or send an e-mail via Face book and I will get a copy to you. If you are a blogger friend and are interested in reading the document you can contact me as well. I will need to do some editing to protect privacy of people named in the document.

Thanks in advance to anyone/everyone who gives me feedback!!!

5 comments:

  1. This is something my sister-in-law and brother-in-law need to do for my 18-year-old austistic nephew. Good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. certainly a must do for anyone in your situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very sensible to make contingency plans for your daughter. You guys are good parents!

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to read it, Jennifer. The way you speak of Maddy is so inspiring. If you feel comfortable, feel free to send it my way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do what needs to be done. Everything will be fine.

    ReplyDelete