Friday, December 18, 2009

This week at the Davidson House

Last Saturday was The Group Christmas party and fun was had by all. As always lots of laughter and catching up on the previous year or 20. My Dad came this year and was able to see friends he had not seen in more years than any of us want to count. We took generation pictures of the attendees and it is pretty cool to have 3 generations of The Group. We have a summer party planned so I can't wait to see everyone again.

Maddy has really started to ask specific questions about sex and about how things actually work. Found some good stuff online that I printed off, but the hunt is now on for a good book to let her have. I don't think it has crossed her mind to look stuff up by herself online and I sure hope to keep it that way.

I started back on the two projects I have been putting off for a while now. When we did the computer switch-er-roo I lost over a thousand pictures and the Letter of Intent I had almost finished. The pictures were recovered but are now a jumbled mess and no longer in order by year, event, families, etc. I almost have them all back in general event files and then I will get them all in the correct year folders.

For the Letter of Intent I have found most of my handwritten notes that will help with all the chronological order work I had done. My goal is to have both of these things done by the end of the year. I know I can do it!!

This morning I had breakfast with one of my favorite people in the whole world. She is one of those people that by just being around her I feel better about the whole world. She still teaches so we make sure that the last Friday of every semester we have breakfast before school. The times I am with her or the other wacky World History Crew members it makes me miss teaching, but I know that what I am doing is the most important thing in the world. Words can not express how thankful I am to be able to make a different in Madeline's life.

Sunday Maddy is supposed to start Special Olympics Basketball. She has always liked to shoot hoops, so I hope this is a wonderful, fun, positive experience for her. Thank goodness practice is after church on Sundays so it saves me from another trip to The Woodlands.

Hope every had a great week and has the best Christmas ever!!

1 comment:

  1. One of the biggest challenges in the world will be talking about and explaining all about sex to your daughter. Realize that no matter what you think, Outside influences will be present, and she will find ways to learn it herself. Good luck in this important parental duty.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete