Saturday, February 25, 2012

When your kiddo makes you so proud

Maddy will often repeat what she hears and several times is so funny, other times it is inappropriate which honestly is still funny. 

However last night I listened to a conversation she had with a friend and my heart almost exploded I was so proud of her. What she said came from her heart and was very touching.

We were in the car taking her friend home and this was the conversation.

Friend:  I don't know if you noticed but I have put on a little bit of weight lately.

Maddy: That's ok, you are still my best friend.

Friend:  I really, really need to stop eating so many sweets.

Maddy: Just tell yourself you can do it, you can do it.

Friend: Yeah that is a good idea.

Maddy:  You like grapes right?

Friend:  I love grapes!

Maddy:  See then it is easy then, when you want a sweet, go get the grapes instead, if you like apples then you have a choice of apples or grapes.

Friend:  You are so right I can eat those things instead.  I like carrots too, should I eat those?

Maddy: Heck ya!  I love carrots.

Friend:  Thanks for helping me with this.

Maddy: No problem, I had noticed as well, but I did not want to say anything and hurt your feelings.

Friend:  It is OK, I just need to stop with the sweets.

Maddy: I know you can do it!


It was nice to know that she was able to give encouragement, good advice and be kind to her best friend.  After we dropped the friend off, I told Maddy how very proud I was of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment