Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lunch with friends

Yesterday I met a couple of friends for lunch. I watched what we all ordered and it make me reflect on what I eat for lunch has changed over the years.

This year: chicken, steamed broccoli with water to drink

2-3 years ago: club sandwich, a few of the fries and a mojito (or another type of fancy drink, followed by a nap at home.)  Share a dessert

4-5 years ago:  burger, fries and a couple of beers or mixed drinks (possibly a nap after) Eat part of a dessert and take rest home for later.

6-7 years ago: appetizer, burger or sandwich with fries, couple of beers or mixed drinks and a full dessert.


The amount of food is smaller now, not nearly as exciting and yet I have the weight as if I was eating 7-10 years ago.  Dang you older, slower metabolism!!!

2 comments:

  1. understand and agree completely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand. I gave up sugar and wheat and dairy back in September. I feel better, lost some weight and don't really miss it much. But every now and the I want a piece of pizza and See's Candy.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete