Friday, February 4, 2011

This and That

Basically have a whole bunch of nothing for today.

Happy to say that we are staying warm in the non-snow event we had here.  Weeks like this just zap my energy and I want to sleep all day.  I am going to attempt today to take a nap. 


Out of the blue I heard from someone from my past.  It was good and disturbing both to hear from them.  It seems that the home life is not good at all. Guess they just needed someone to talk to. Their spouse has taken mid-life crisis to a whole new level and I spend the better part of 45 minute with my mouth agape at the stories.  It got me thinking a bit and the hubby and I are such low key peeps, I wonder if I got the call because they knew I would not have any drama, trauma, or crisis to bend their ear about.  


This weekend I guess there is some sort of football game on the TV.  We typically go over to a friends house for part of the game.  Maddy wants to go up to the church and watch the game with all the other high school kiddos.  I am sure it has nothing to do with the BF being there.  I think it is good that she is trying new things and so thankful that the environment at the church is so open and loving that she can spend and evening with high school kids around her age and I don't have to worry.

We are almost done with our Girl Scout Cookie stint.  The hubby was wonderful and took the sign up sheet to his work.  Maddy is in a small troop that is just special needs kiddos and they go do something fun and social every month.  They went to a small theater to see a play this month and she came home smiling and talked about it for days.  The cast signed the playbill for the girls and Maddy loves to show off that she is the only one that someone wrote Princess Maddy.

I have made posts before about how Maddy is constantly showered with presents from people just because. It almost happened again.  We were at the restaurant we eat at almost once a week (free plug for Carrabbas Grill here) and the owner asked if Maddy was an Edward fan or a Jacob fan.  He said that the Blockbuster that is shutting down had a large framed picture of Jacob and he almost bought it for her, but then remembered she liked Edward. 

Toward the end of last year Maddy asked me if we could start doing her monthly newsletter again.  This is something I did our first year of homeschooling.  It gave her motivation to write and be accepting of my "editing" her writing.  It challenged her to be creative and she loved hearing from people when the received her newsletter.  This week we sat down and got the January newsletter done.  She had several stories she had written during the month so we had plenty to choose from.  Many days I would ask what she was doing and she would call down, writing up something for the news letter.  This time around she had better ideas of what to put in the newsletter and the content. 

While we working on the news letter she decided she wanted part of it to be an advice column so we have asked all the readers to send in questions for Maddy to answer.  So far we have received some great and funny questions.  I am considering video taping Maddy answering the questions so we can see her reactions to them.  I have not told her any of the questions so it will be a true reaction and response.  This will mean more work on my part, but I think everyone will love it including Maddy.

If you are just a blog reader, but would like to receive Maddy's newsletter send me and e-mail at ja_davidson@yahoo.com and I will add you to the distribution list.

Stay warm where ever you are and I think I will look out the window one more time to see if the snow they promised magically appeared.

1 comment:

  1. All I know is that I LOVE GIRL SCOUT COOKIES! Wish I could eat a whole box right now. The only problem is, I gave up sugar. (sigh) Perhaps I could buy some and roll around in them naked. Would that count? Hm. Might have a problem with crumbs though!

    Have a good day!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete