Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Miss Independence

I had a Dr. appointment today and since it was close to the house and early in the morning I let Maddy stay home.  Things ran late (big surprise at a Dr.'s office) so I was much delayed in getting home.

When I could finally check in on her she let me know she was doing her laundry and cleaning the house.  When I got home her laundry was going like gangbusters, she had dry mopped the floors, cleaned the kitchen counters, dust busted the stairs and was dusting the wood on the stair case.  She had also taken her medication.

I mentioned to her when I got home how nice the house looked and smelled.  She told me I was most welcome and she loved having chances like this to prove to me that she can live away from home and keep a nice clean place.

3 comments:

  1. this is awesome and it makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat, Jenn. I think it is cool that her recent tests have been such successes. Good for you for raising a responsible, hardworking daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy...you raised a jewel! Hope you have many more lovely experiences with her!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete