Sunday, January 2, 2011

No, I can do it

We have been working on Maddy doing things for herself and taking initiative. Last night Mark and I were watching a movie and Maddy came in the room. She stated that she was hungry and was going to make herself a sandwich. We both asked her if she needed help and she stated that she could do it herself.

A couple of minutes later she returns to the room with the meat saying she just needed help opening the container. I opened it and asked if she needed help. "No, MOM I can do it myself".

A couple of minutes later she returns to the room with the bread needing help with the twist tie. I open the bread for her and ask if she needs help. "MOM, I already said I don't need help".

A couple of minutes later she returns to the room with the cheese because she could not get the package open. I begin to laugh so hard she won't even acknowledge my presence in the room. Mark gets up and helps her finish making the sandwich.

I guess once I can find Maddy friendly containers she might not need a little help with making sandwiches. Until then I guess we will have more "No, I can do it" moments.

1 comment: