Saturday, January 1, 2011

Last years goals, how did I do?

These are the goals I set for myself last January, I wonder how I did..

1. I am going to lose 24 pounds this year. That is 2 pounds a month and if I don't do it then shame on me for being lazy. Hmm..I guess I am partially lazy, I am still hovering at about 10 pounds down and just myself to blame.

2. By the end of the year I want Maddy to cut her own food 75% of the time. It will be so nice to go out to eat and be able to eat my food when it arrives, not after I have taken care of Maddy. Maddy is doing a lot better with cutting food, she is also doing her own laundry, cleaning her room (real cleaning), and a ton of other things. Great year for her!

3. I will have more patience with Maddy. I have already improved on this and now I need to take it to the next level. There needs to be a lot more of me watching and guiding and letting things take 5 times longer than if I had done it. She will never master anything if I keep doing it for her. Better than before, can still improve on this.

4. I am going to actually follow up and visit people when I say I will. The past year has brought me new friends and lots of good times with them. I need to do that with all my friends. Did great at the beginning of the year, but then we started another business and that became a time vampire. Hopefully soon I can work on this again.

5. I am going to try to be a better person and not fall to the temptation to speak negatively about people. Instead I will find something good to say or offer help for the situation. Good Lord, I love me some gossip! Doing better, but still need to make sure my words are positive ones, not negative ones.

6. This year the blog will have more of my personality to it. I am going to write what I think and not worry about who is reading it. I would also like to get to 20 followers this year. So I better write some darn funny/thought provoking posts! I still fall into the post a lot and then disappear. I suppose consistency should come first.

7. I will get the things on my list done that have been there for a long time. The Letter of Intent will be done, the complete clean out of the file cabinet will get done and the organization and certificates for all our art will be done. The photo/serial number inventory will get done. Letter of Intent is done, the store room at one point in time was clean, my to-do list has taken a life of its own!

8. I will cook more and add more variety to our dinner menus. Mostly I will add more vegetables and find a way to have Maddy be a part of the dinner making process. (This goes along with items number 2 and 3.) We are eating pretty darn good around here, however I do need to get Maddy more involved.

9. I will finish the dog training I have talked about and wanted to do. Bruiser is very smart and we need to put his energy and little brain to work! Pretty much all we did with Bruiser this year was walk him and love the beejeebus out of him.

10. I will live, love and laugh every day and count my blessings. I will not worry about the things I can not change, but concentrate on the people and situations I can impact. Did a pretty darn good job of this one.

Looking forward to an awesome 2011 and hope that when I do a year in review this time next year it will be amazing!

1 comment:

  1. I like this, several of my friends have done it instead of resolutions. Last year I didn't do a NY Resolution, instead I continued on with our "one word" program. I am going to keep on with that but I am going to also write a list of goals as well.

    ReplyDelete