Sunday, January 9, 2011

The most interesting wedding I did not attend

The boyfriend attended a wedding of a cousin this weekend.  It has been a most interesting experience for me through all the accounts of the event through Maddy.  I must say before you read any further, all information has been passed to me via Maddy and what she has heard from the boyfriend. 

A few months ago:

Maddy: "The Boyfriend" has to attend his cousin's wedding in Jan.  He gets to be an usher.
Me: Cool

In December:

Maddy: Don't forget that "The Boyfriend" won't be at church that one Sunday in January because his cousin is getting married and they have to go out of town.
Me: OK

A few weeks later, and pretty much at least once a week a reference is made to the wedding.

This Friday:

Maddy: Wow, the wedding is tomorrow, big day, did you know that the wedding is tomorrow?
Me: No way!!  So is "The Boyfriend" excited about getting married?
Maddy: NO MOM!!  He is not getting married his cousin is.
Me: Oh, ok, guess I was confused


Saturday Morning:

Maddy: Oh no Mom!  The wedding might not happen. 
Me: What??
Maddy: His cousin is throwing up.
Me: Are they sick or just nervous?
Maddy: I don't know just know he is puking.


Saturday Late Afternoon:

Maddy: MOM!!!
Me: What????
Maddy: Oh NO!  Do you want the good news or the bad news first?
Me: The bad news
Maddy: "The Boyfriend" got hurt so bad he saw the light!!
Me:  What???  What happened and why did he see the light?
Maddy: He fell down and he has a black eye and all kinds of cuts and bruises.
Me: Well, what is the good news?
Maddy: We think he will be ok and I think his cousin did get married.

Saturday Late Evening:

Me: So what happened to "The Boyfriend"?  How did he fall, where did he fall?
Maddy: I don't know, but he fell so hard he passed out.
Me: Did he have to go to the hospital?
Maddy: No, there was a Dr. there
Me: So did he fall before the wedding, during the wedding or at the reception?
Maddy: I don't know, but he is still bleeding!!
Me: Well did his cousin get married?
Maddy: I don't know
Me: Wow this sounds like quite the wedding


Saturday Night before I go to bed:
Maddy is on the phone with "The Boyfriend" so she puts him on speaker phone

Me: How are you feeling?
BF: Ok, I guess, did you hear I fell down?
Me: I sure did.
BF: Yeah, I have a black eye, and my hands are all bleeding and scratched up and I broke my glasses.
Me: OUCH!  I am glad you are ok.


Sunday Morning:

Maddy: Mom, I am really worried about "The Boyfriend" is still bleeding from the cut on his hand, I think he has lost a LOT of blood.
Me:  I am sure he will be fine, his family loves him and will make sure he gets the care he needs.
Maddy: Ok, I guess you are right.
Me: So did you ever find out how he fell, and how was the wedding?
Maddy: I don't know, but he still has a black eye!



I am most interested to hear an adult version of the events.  This was quite the wedding!

1 comment: