Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Overheard

Last night I went upstairs to tell Maddy goodnight and when she heard my footsteps she tells the boyfriend, "Hold on, here comes my Mom".

When I got into her room I asked what they had been talking about.  This request is received with  an annoying look, eye roll and a sigh. "I was telling him about how clean I keep my room and all the house work I know how to do."


Uh-huh I say and tell her goodnight.


I walk out of her room and pause to wait for the conversation to start up again. 


"Ok, my mom is gone, where were we?"  "That's right, so I know how to mop the floor, I can dust and I also am in charge of keeping the kitchen counters clean."

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, this resounded with me. How sweet your young woman is.

    ReplyDelete