Monday, October 11, 2010

Why Maddy is so awesome

I am constantly amazed and amused by Maddy. She has a sweet and unique personality and a lot of that showed this past Thursday.

Unfortunately Thursday afternoon was most unpleasant here at the house. Maddy had multiple grand mal seizures that required a call to 911 and a trip to the hospital. (For those who don't know, Maddy has suffered seizures for most of her life and thank goodness we only have to do a hospital run every couple of years.)

Because she was having a difficult time they had to drug her up pretty good. They also gave her some medicine for the migraine after as well. Once she started coming to she looked around and slurred to me "Mom, am I in the hospital?". When I said yes, she said, "Oh man! This sucks! I don't get to go to Granmom's house now."

While I was waiting for the hubby to come get us from the ER I kept stepping towards the end of the room to look for him. One time Maddy told me not to leave her alone. When I told her that I had been with her the whole time she very quickly told me that I had in fact not been with her the whole time. She was not pleased that I had chosen to stay in the room instead of going with her when she got the Cat Scan!

On the way home we stopped by the in-laws so that she could see them and they could see her. She was still pretty loopy and while they were asking her questions about how she felt, she proudly announced to them that she puked while in the hospital. Talk about TMI.

Once home she slept for several hours and when she finally wandered out to find us she noticed that we had already eaten. She looked at me and said "Wow, you guys went ahead and ate dinner? What about me? What do I get for dinner?"

The next morning when she woke up after a nice night of sleep she quietly asks me from upstairs if she can finally get up or will I make her go back to bed yet again.

I did let her get up and we went on to do all our Friday and weekend plans. Thank goodness all is back to normal around here.

1 comment:

  1. Give Maddy a hug from Blasé. If everything were normal, it would be boring.

    ReplyDelete