Tuesday, October 5, 2010

We survived the birthday

This past week Maddy turned 17. She was very excited about her birthday. Technically she is excited every year for her birthday. It is never to early to start planning. I already know that next year her birthday is on Saturday. It won't be long until we are discussing the cake and theme. Wonder where she got the planning ahead genes??

This year was a bit different and special because her boyfriend came over to the in-laws with us. She and the boyfriend are just too darn cute together. They both just light up when the see each other. Maddy had very specific plans and ideas for her party this year. I guess she decided that the adults could not be trusted on our own to get it right.

Maddy came down the stairs the other morning all happy and told me that she had just talked to Grandmom. Grandmom had gotten her a cake with Justin Bieber on it, she only got two candles, a 1 and a 7. Grandmom had talked to the younger nephew so he would not blow out the candles since it was Maddy's special birthday. She went on about a few other things and about how awesome Grandmom was.

I get a call the next morning from Grandmom and have the funniest conversation. It seems that Maddy called Grandmom and laid down the law. These were the rules that had to be followed at the birthday party!

1. I must have a Justin Bieber birthday cake. I want white cake and if you don't have a picture for the cake store, then go buy a magazine and pick one. Make sure you pick a good picture that I will like.

2. I don't want a bunch of candles!! Don't put on those candles that won't blow out! I want a 1 and a 7 candle.

3. You can't let my cousin blow out my candles this year. I will have my boyfriend over and I need to blow out my own candles. this year.

4. When we arrive you need to stay in the kitchen. Pop has to answer the door, meet my boyfriend and not tease him. Then I will bring him to the kitchen to meet you.

5. When it is time to eat the cake Pop can not eat the piece of the cake with Justin's nose on it and he can't make any nose jokes.


Thank goodness we were all able to follow the rules and it was a rousing success. Who knows maybe she could be a party planner one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment