Friday, June 11, 2010

Where are you???

Yesterday Maddy was supposed to be at church from 11-1 for Hang Time. They open the church for the kiddos to come and hang out and see each other since school is out. Maddy has a friend who was very excited to see her and had spoken to me on the phone about how excited they were to see her at 11 on Thursday.

After her seizure she really needed to sleep so I tried to keep the house as quiet as possible. This meant turning all the cell phones to silent. I knew that the friend would be concerned when we did not show up so I tried their cell phone. When they did not answer I called their grandparents to let them know what had happened.

Around 12:30 when Maddy had finally shaken off the seizure and after effects I went to check my voice mail and the message I had received was priceless.


Friend: Yeah, um...you said you would have Maddy here at 11. Well, um....I have been waiting and you are not here. I am waiting, um....and it is like 11:02 so I was wondering where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment