Tuesday, June 15, 2010

How do you eat an elephant?





This is what the hubby asked me yesterday when I was stressing about not being able to get everything done at once.

He and I both (him more than myself) have a lot on our plates right now. Our to-do lists are rather large and they are not items that you can multi-task and get more than one thing done at a time.

If I spend the day taking care of the house, errands and laundry then I don't get the website work done, the research I need for a potential procedure for Maddy, or the filing updated and organized. If I choose any of the other things, then everything else has to be put aside.

I am also starting to mentally prepare to be gone for the month of July. I have two completely different types of vacations I have to get everything done for. I have to pre-plan for my trip to Europe since I will have approximately 3.5 days to get everything ready when we return from the family vacation.

When I start feeling to overwhelmed, I remember how you eat an elephant, take a deep breath and pick one item and get to work. The rest will be waiting for my return.

If you don't know how to eat an elephant it is actually quite simple. One bite at a time.

1 comment:

  1. sort of like one Beer at a time???

    Gone in July? To Europe? My Goodness!

    ReplyDelete