Monday, May 24, 2010

This and That

Howdy all. Things have been interesting here, but I suppose they always are. Here is a quick recap of recent events.

I had some real issues with a young man that is quite fond of Maddy. I reached the end of my patience and had his phone number blocked from both mine and her phone. That action is costing us a lovely 1o bucks a month, but I felt it necessary. I have recently given in a little and I am now unblocking the number for a few hours of the day. If things get bad again I can truly know that I have done more than enough to be fair.

My birthday party was a smashing success and everyone had a good time. Mostly I was proud to have my Mom meet all of the people I truly call my friends. There was a whole lot of love and IQ in the room that night! My mom decided to leave early Sunday morning, turns out she spent the rest of the week sick. Today the hubby stayed at home dreadfully ill. I am praying that Maddy and I dodge the sick bullet.

We are still very excited that the hubby was picked up by UTA and it looks like the last week in June he will head out to LA for a ton of meetings. I know he will knock their socks off.

Maddy did the scripture reading at church this week. She was very nervous, wanted to back out at the last minute, but did a great job. So proud of her!

I got an Iphone this week and I love it! The majority of the technology goes to Maddy and the hubby, but I decided I needed a new techo gadget. So far I love everything about it, and I don't see needing anything new for a long, long time.

Two vacations are coming up quick! In 39 days we have the whole family vacation with the hubby's side of the family. In 50 days I head to Europe with my aunt. Both vacations are going to be interesting, unique and a heck of a lot of fun.

3 comments:

  1. you stay so busy! makes me feel lazy compared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy!

    I trust there will be Beer involved during these upcoming vacations??

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the vacations will be a beer fest!! The other will be more reserved.

    ReplyDelete