Thursday, May 20, 2010

Not you!

I got an e-mail this week from one of the ladies at church. She wanted to know if Maddy would do the bible reading for the service and luncheon this Sunday. Below is the conversation I had with Maddy.

Me: Hey Maddy do you want to do the bible reading at church on Sunday?

Maddy: Umm no..I have stage fright

Me: Well Ms .D asked if you would do the reading

Maddy: I guess I could if no one looked at me

Me: I am not sure that would work. Ms. D said it was a little long, but easy so you could do the reading with someone if that would help.

Maddy: Oh I could do that. It would be no big deal if I someone was there with me reading it. *She slowly turned towards me* Not you!

Me: Hmmm....well ok then shall we see if Ms. D will read with you?

Maddy: That sounds good, I will only do it then.


Maddy and I are now on the way to the church so she and Ms. D can practice their bible verse reading.

1 comment: