Thursday, January 21, 2010

Yes I am a dork!!

Yesterday Maddy and I were at the park walking the dog. When we take the dog to the park Maddy always brings along her Ipod so we have music while we walk.

While the dog stopped to sniff every freaking blade of grass in one spot, a song came on the Ipod. I began to do a silly little hip shake and my free hand was doing the most awesome 70's type move. I was make a big "O" with my hand and while shaking my hips I was saying "Operator". The following conversation occured:

Maddy: Umm..Mom..what are you doing?

Me: I am dancing, do I look cool?

Maddy: NO, why are you swinging your arm like that and saying Operator?

Me: I am making a big "O" with my arm?

Maddy: Why? Why would you be making a big "O" with your arm?

Me: Well, Operator begins with "O" so I am making an "O" while I do my dance?

Maddy: Umm ok, but I still don't understand the song is called "Radar". She is singing "on my radar".

Me: NO WAY!! Are you sure?

Maddy: *Sighs* Yes Mom, I am sure, see the name of the song is Radar.


If you have a minute or two listen to the song and see if it sounds like operator or on my radar to you. Maddy has agreed that it does sound a bit like operator.


2 comments:

  1. my kids thought I was a dork too, then again, I was, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it does! It's a good one, thanks!

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete