Monday, January 25, 2010

Is it really that hard?

We don't usually order pizza to be delivered. There is only one pizza place that delivers to us and I would rather go to Carrabba's which is just as close and has much better pizza. This Saturday our friend and his young son were at the house. The young man very much wanted to have pizza for dinner. So we dialed the number to Papa Johns and then the roller coaster ride began.

Approximately 30ish minutes after the order was placed the phone rang. It was the delivery guy letting us know he was at the gate. (Our house has a gated front yard.) I buzz him in and he hands me two pizzas and I hand him some money. Once I get in the house and open the first box I know that something is wrong. These are not our pizzas. I look on the box and sure enough we have the wrong pizza order. It was not just a little wrong, it was totally different pizza toppings and crusts.

We make a few jokes about eating the pizza and what to do with the wrong pizza while I call the store back to get to correct order. I promise I am not making any of the rest of this up.

*On hold for about 5 minutes*

Box of Rocks (never got their actual name, but this one fits): Thank you for holding, do you want the blah, blah, blah special.

Me: No thank you I am calling because you delivered the wrong pizzas to me

Box of Rocks: Huh..what is your phone number?

Me: Our number is 867-5309 (not our real number)

Box of Rocks: I see that have already ordered pizza with us and it is on the way to you now.

Me: No it is not

Box of Rocks: No, honest the driver has your pizza now

Me: Maybe so but he gave me pizza that belongs to someone else.

Box of Rocks: Ok, give me a second and let me check on that

Me: What should I do with the pizza that was delivered?

Box of Rocks: Give it to the driver so he can deliver it

Me: So you would take a pizza that has been in someone's house and re-deliver it to another house?

Box of Rocks: Ummmm..

Me: I know I don't want pizza that has been in someones' house

Box of Rocks: Hold on let me get my manager

*on hold*

Box of Rocks: Ok, we called the driver and he is bringing you the pizza now

Me: Did you understand my point that I don't want the chance that my pizza has been in someone's house and are you really going to take this pizza from my house, that is now cold and deliver it to someone?

Box of Rocks: Hold on! *attempts to cover phone, but I can hear everything* This lady is all mad and thinks her pizza has been in someones house, what am I supposed to do about this????

Box of Rocks: *Sigh* let me put you back on hold and get my manager

*After waiting about five minutes I am disconnected*

Paris: Thank you for calling Papa John's this is Paris may I have your phone number?

Me: 867-5309

Paris: Did you know you have already ordered pizza from us tonight?

Me: Yes, I am the person who had the wrong pizza's delivered. I am still trying to get the correct order

Paris: Oh yeah, hold on

*after a couple of minutes*

Paris: We have already called the driver and he is bringing your pizza to you now

Me: I am pretty sure that the pizza is going to be cold by now.

Paris: You are probably right. I am really, really busy right now. Saturday night is our busiest night and I really need to take these orders. I will try to find the manager for you. Do you think you can call me back in five minutes?

Me: OK..so I need to call you back in five minutes to find out if I am going to get fresh correct pizza delivered?

Paris: Yep, that would be great, I am really busy. Give me like 5 minutes and call me back

Me: Ummm..ok

About 2 minutes later the phone rings

Me: Hello

Erica: Hi this is Erica from Papa Johns we are making your new pizzas now and will get them to you asap. Just keep the other pizza that we delivered we are going to make them new pizzas as well.

About 2 minutes later the phone rings

Paris: Hello Miss Jennifer, I wanted to call and let you know we are going to make new pizzas and have them delivered to you asap.

Me: Wow Thanks!!!

About 30 minutes later the same delivery guy had our new pizza

Deliver Guy: Wow so sorry about that, I have had really bad heartburn all day and I guess I am just not thinking straight.


So the family that never ordered pizza is still having pizza for leftovers....

3 comments:

  1. Well how was the pizza? At least it wasn't a boring pizza story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been through this myself, there should be an IQ test for this sort of employee! lol

    ReplyDelete