Tuesday, November 17, 2009

When I think too much

Today Maddy has her eye doctor appointment. There was a time when she saw this doctor once a month. He has performed 3 eye surgeries and made a huge difference in the alignment of her eyes. Dr. Mazow is truly a blessing in our lives. We are now and have been down to once a year visits with him. He is on the verge of retirement and only does follow up visits with certain patients and we are lucky enough to be one of the few. There will be a day when he gives us the name of someone else to do the yearly check up.

As much as he has made a difference in our lives, I worry about the appointment today. He will want to dilate her eyes to get the best information possible. I have to be strong and not let Maddy know that I will be worried the whole time. Last time her eyes were dilated she had a seizure later that day. It could have been coincidence or it could have triggered the seizure I don't really know. Last year when we went for the appointment I would not let them dilate her eyes.

This year I have decided that we need to do what the doctor asks so that we can get the best information from the eye exam. If we have a seizure later today we will deal with it, we always do.

Mostly I need to remember to think positive and not dwell on something that happened a few years ago.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I will pray for things to go well for you.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, thanks for joining Secret Story Time, please come often, it'll be good.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Jenn. That is so nerve-wracking. If she will, let her rest in the quiet and dark after. I'm thinking about you both.

    ReplyDelete