Saturday, November 21, 2009

Maddy the Great

Sometimes Maddy never ceases to amaze me. She has the secret power to make boys swoon and give her gifts. I never was great at this art so to watch her do it without even really trying is quite amusing.

The first major gifting was when she was in elementary school and she liked a boy named Travis. For Valentines day she just gave him the same boring, crappy Wal-Mart card that every kid got. She came up with a mid-size Lion stuffed animal and candy. She was not bothered at all that she received but did not gift to him.

In Jr. High there was another boy in choir that was most fond of Maddy. He managed to get her name for the Christmas draw and I am pretty sure that she had his name but she never let me know for sure. As we are shopping for the choir gift exchange she was insistent that the boy she had to give a gift to loved the candy Nerds. I tried to buy a whole bag of Nerds and she firmly said that it was too much money. I tried to buy a giant box and she still said no, so we finally agreed on a couple of boxes of a few flavors. It was during the holidays and even though I should have known better, I bought them, put them in a nice gift bag and sent her off to school. She came home that day with a huge teddy bear and a gift bag full of candy. When I asked about the difference in gifts she merely stated that he liked Nerds, she gave him Nerds so everyone was happy.

This week Maddy and I are on the way home from the Social Skill class I teach at the church. The boy who is now attempting to court Maddy is also in the class. Out of the blue while we are driving home Maddy says "that sure was nice of him to give me this". I look down and she has his ring on. I had been keeping an eye on them during class, but somehow when class was over and I was picking things up he managed to give her his ring to wear.

I should note that this ability is not just exclusive to just males. She seems to receive gifts from just about everyone who meets her. Just last week she was mailed a gift from her Speech therapist.

The girl is good, maybe I should take some lessons.

2 comments:

  1. She got her good from you, Jenn!
    How about that New Moon!

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe SHE should be teaching a class! I'd sign up.

    How To Receive Gifts Just By Being You.

    ReplyDelete