Thursday, September 3, 2009

Car Conversation

Maddy and I were in the car today and the following conversation took place.

Maddy: Remember when there was that roach in my room and Uncle Larry killed it for me?

Me: Yep

Maddy: I said (very high pitched whiny voice) "Uncle Larry, come help me there is a roach in my room!".

Me: You sang opera to Uncle Larry about the bug in your room?

Maddy: No!! But I guess I could have.

Me: Would have been funny if you did.

Maddy: The bug in my room scared me, it sounded like someone was scratching on my wall.

Me: MMMM..OK

Maddy: Do you know the sound I am talking about? Did you ever have a roach in your room?

**Now I have to be careful how I answered this. If I say no, then every noise for the next 3 weeks that sounds remotely bug like I will have to stop and listen to see if I have ever heard that noise before. If I say yes, then at the worst time possible Maddy will say "Hey Mom why don't you tell them about having roaches in your room!".

Me: I guess I know what you are talking about, I suppose at some time I had a bug in my room making noise.

Maddy: Did you get Banma to come and kill it for you?

Me: Nope, I took care of it myself.

Maddy: Did Banma know you were killing bugs? Did she hear you kill it?

Me: I don't know! You are asking me questions about things that happened thirty years ago.

Maddy: Hmmmm...and you said you have a good memory!

Me: Hey girl, why are you in my car and who are you?????

Maddy: Mom, *sigh* it is me I am your daughter. *Silence* You are really weird Mom.

1 comment: