Monday, August 31, 2009

Perspectives

We all see things differently and today was no exception. We have had a lot of work done at the house over the past 4 days. A new floor was put in and involved lots of sawing and dust every freaking where! Mark and I both told Maddy that this week would be cleaning intensive to prepare her for the tasks that would be asked of her.

This is how I saw today happen.

Maddy got up, was sweet and wonderful. Once she was up and about she did mention that she was "girl time" of the month. She had breakfast and then I asked her to clean. I gave her about 5 choices and she chose to clean the blinds. After that I asked her to run a dry mop over the new floor to pick up dust. She did this a couple of times and then when I asked her to do it again she informed me that she had enough of cleaning. No problem..you can do some school work while I continue to clean. OMG!! I had the nerve to ask her to work on her cursive writing. She had a complete fit and melt down. Refused to work, hated everything..yada, yada ,yada. I showed no reaction and she finally decided to do the work. She complained through 3 sets of school work while I continued to clean the house. After she finished the work I made her lunch and she took a shower. After the shower I let her know she could do housework or school work. She did choose to wipe all the doorknobs and light switch plates. She then switched on the attitude, so I gave her a writing assignment. The assignment was I was cranky and ugly today because...


Here is her take on the day!

My tumpy (tummy) hurt me and I did not feel good but still my Mom made me work. Then when I worked my tumpy hurt and I tried my best but my Mom made me clean the floor four times. I think this is unfair. My Mom is making me work when my tumpy hurts a lot but still I love her. (Note this is when she realized I would be reading what she wrote) I wish when this happens I could have the day off.

After she stormed upstairs, locked her door and screamed at me when I knocked. I explained that had she mentioned she did not feel well we could have had a much different day.

Kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment