Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Working Out

Now that Mark is feeling better after his surgeries in November and December we are going to the gym again on a regular basis. Getting older and becoming friends again with beer has not put us in the best of shape. We both want to lose some weight, get back in shape and teach Maddy the value of working out.

I like the Wii Fit, but cardio workouts are much better at the gym. Maddy and I do the Wii Fit balance games since I need the core muscle workout/control and she needs all things balance. Between doing the cardio at the gym and the Wii Fit I might just reach a few of my goals.

We are both so happy that Maddy likes and wants to go to the gym and work out. We have found things that she likes to do and is comfortable doing. She is so slow to attempt anything out of her comfort zone we are so thankful that we have success at the gym. There are times that I would rather do a quick cardio and then the machine rotation with Mark, but I stay with Maddy to make sure she is successful and comfortable with her surroundings.

After working out I always feel better and I can't wait till the weather cools off again so we can add walking the dog back into our exercise routine. I know we are doing the right thing for ourselves and for Maddy by have a regular exercise schedule.


Even though I like going tot he gym with my family and how the workout makes me feel my favorite part of the gym is well...Man Meat. This gym is a total eye candy store! I am worse than the guys..I pick the treadmill I can see the majority of the floor from so I can get a good view.

As I look around the candy store...I mean gym I try to pedal a little faster on the bike or walk longer on the treadmill, because if they can look like that at my/their age..then I can too!

For the record this is not a random Man Meat photo, this is an actual friend from High School who has started competing. His dedication is so amazing and I love to hear about his workouts and his words of encouragement to me about getting back in shape. (I did ask if I could use his photo for my blog, however I might have forgotten to mention the "Man Meat" remarks.)

So ladies, get to the gym to work out and browse. Men, keep up the good work and watch out for us old ladies on the treadmills!


3 comments:

  1. hmmmmm
    It is surely good to exercise and maybe if you get Maddy to make it part of her routine then she will always stick with it!

    The man meat doesn't float my boat but I suspect I could find some of you "old ladies" to gawk at (while eating chicken wings and drinking beer on a bench press machine and not working out any!)

    ReplyDelete