Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Becoming a Sage Girl has inspired me!

Recently I have been reading an excellent, well thought out, smart blog by Southern Sage. If you have time you need to read his posts. His words have inspired me to share a few of my own thoughts.

Before I begin please let me say that loss of life is a tragedy and I have sympathy for all families when they experience a loss. However, the television broadcasts today are making me ill to my stomach.

I truly feel like I am a plebeian sitting in the Roman Colosseum during the games, being distracted by frivolous events instead of being informed on what is truly important. Is the memorial service for Michael Jackson so important that the cash strapped state of California needs to use 20% of it police force and 2 million dollars on this event? Is really the best thing these thousands and thousands of people could be doing with their day? Every American television major network is covering this event and even sites like CNN have this on the main page.

This is a great day for our career politicians, we the sheeple are wasting time, money and energy on something that is a natural cycle of life. Instead of the news covering things that are actually important to our nation and should concern the citizens are yet again being ignored by the media.

These are the things that our media and all citizens should be focusing on:

1. Cap and Trade: If don't know what this is then shame on you and harness the power of the internet to research it.

2. A little country called North Korea and their crazy little leader Kim Jong-il tossing around missiles and give the UN a big middle finger.

3. Political unrest in many parts of the world...Honduras and Iran come to mind.

4. The genocide in Darfur..the first ever genocide to be labeled one while it is occurring.

5. Illegal immigration and the impact on our education and health programs.

I am sure I am leaving out several other very important topics but these are the ones that come to mind. Human suffering is just that..suffering that is created and perpetuated by humans. So the "we can't do anything about that" is a bunch of bull and just what the politicians want.

We have a heck of a lot better chance to make a difference in our country than we do resurrecting Michael Jackson.


If you enjoyed my rant thank Southern Sage and let me know in the comments section and I will feel more at ease doing more of these type posts. If you did not like it then blame Southern Sage and you will get more family conversations and puppy pictures.

6 comments:

  1. ha!
    You just wrote my tomorrow post!!!!!

    Perfectly said.

    Excellent.

    Spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It felt good to write and I think I will toss a few more current event posts in with my usual silly family posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow sage and wrote him the first time today about his 4th post. I found your link on his site.

    I agree with sage and you, too much money, time, effort has been spent on someone who chose his life style and probably paid the ultimate price for that lifestyle.

    Go away Michael... I dont think they can put him in the ground fast enough.

    Owl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here from Sageville, as well. I think you've made him proud for being a Sage Girl. And you've made me proud for breaking away from the flock and actually saying (typing) what a lot of people are thinking but still choose to remain a part of the 'silent majority' that's gotten us into this mess. If your inspiration can inspire only one more to speak out, and that one bring one more along, so on and so forth...We can bring about the needed change. Yes We Can! why does that sound familiar?

    ReplyDelete