Friday, July 10, 2009

Things I Love Part Two

I hope today finds everyone positive and thinking of the things they love. I won't take up too much of your time today but at the end of the post there will be some links if you would like to kill a bit more time.


Things I love

My Roses

I was never one to grow things, I tried a garden several times at our other house and was not successful. Where we live now I have about 10 rose bushes and they bring me great joy. I like to trim them, arrange the roses and have the fresh flower smell in the house.

Friends

I love to be around people. Going to lunch, breakfast or over to someone's house to visit is always enjoyable for me. When I look at my calendar for the week and I see plans with friends written down it lets me know I have a rich full life. To have a really good friend you must be one and I hope that all the lunches and dinners are a reflection of my friendship with others.

Baking and Cooking

My grandmother used to bake and she always made the most wonderful things. She showed me a few secrets over the years and I love when I make cookies with perfectly golden brown bottoms. When I bake not only do I think of her, but I also am showing Maddy that not all food comes from a box, can, or restaurant. You really can take all those random items in the pantry and make something with them. Mark and I like to cook together. Some of my favorite Saturday afternoons are when we together. This house has a horribly small kitchen and I think we are both ready to have a kitchen we can cook together in.

Music

Music is almost always on in the house. We love all types and styles of music. Maddy has the love of music and loves to talk to people about it. Music is just good for the soul. It can transport you in time, make you laugh and even make you cry. A magical story is told in a short amount of time.


Let me know in the comments section what things you love!

As promised here is an additional time killer for those who are watching the clock waiting for the weekend to begin.

If you like Country music then click here and here.

If you like Old School rock n roll click here.

If you like kinda off the wall stuff then click here.

2 comments:

  1. I'm actually not a huge fan of roses. I have a rose bush in my backyard that I've been trying to kill for 5 years or longer. It just keeeeeeeps coming back and putting on some really nice roses. Maybe that's a sign?
    I enjoy cooking. I don't know if I love it or not, but I don't really mind doing it. As long as someone else will wash up the dishes and clean up the kitchen.
    And music is also a constant for me. But what does it say about me that I clicked on ALL of the music links?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It says you enjoy a wide variety of music just like I do :)

    ReplyDelete