Thursday, July 9, 2009

Things I Love Part One

Some friends of mine call me an annoying optimist and I suppose I am. I prefer to surround myself with positive thoughts and energy. I am not a half full or half empty kind of gal with the glass of water. I am so happy to have the glass and some water and will look for someone to share it with. My past few posts I have enjoyed writing, but today and tomorrow I am going to focus on positives. Most likely this will be long winded, which is why I decided to write this over two days.


Things I love:

My Family

I love both my parents they influenced my life in very different ways. It makes me beam with pride to honestly say I love my husband and even more importantly I respect him. I respect him as a man, a father and most importantly as a friend. My daughter brings me great joy every day. One of the unique things about having a special needs child is that you get to enjoy life through the eyes of child and too many "grown-ups" forget how to do that and lose a bit of magic in life. I love my extended family. Growing up and still today I am surrounded by people who love me for me and I love them. My family reunions are a joy to me and I am thankful every year that so many people take the time each year to spend a weekend with family.

Sundays

I love Sundays for a few reasons. The first is church, I have always enjoying going to church. It makes me feel good and taking the time to reflect on life in peaceful surroundings is something we should do more often. Maddy loves our new church and her youth group. It makes me so happy to see her making friends and doing social activities and having experiences that Mark and I can not provide. The second reason I love Sunday's is going over to my in-laws house. I am truly blessed with the most wonderful in-laws in the world. They love me very much and they adore Maddy. My sister-in-law comes over with her boys and for the afternoon, we laugh, swim, have challenging conversations and good food. There is not a better way to spend a weekend afternoon in my opinion.

Pizza and Beer

Probably not high on many peoples lists but I love them both and they make me happy. Enough said.

Learning

When I learn something new I feel good, there is so much I don't know that I feel like I have accomplished something when new information comes to me. The way people think and why they believe the things they do fascinates me. The ability to listen to others and not judge them makes people want to open up to you and boy can you learn a lot! It is a shame that most people don't realize that the best way to learn is to listen. ( I think this is part of what made me enjoy teaching so much.)

My Dog

Technically he is our dog, but gosh darn it I love the bejeebus out of him. The way he runs full speed around the house makes me laugh. When he pushes his toys into the back of your legs to get you to play with him. When he does the pick me up routine so he can sleep on me. Every day he makes me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy. Today I leave with a picture of Bruiser and Maddy hoping they make you smile and feel all warm and fuzzy as well.





Tomorrow I will continue with more things I love, until then stay positive in your world!


3 comments:

  1. Glad to see I could share some warm and fuzzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I commented on this post already? I think someone ate my comment!
    I think it was something like "Great picture of Maddy and the dog. We have 2 that will NOT be happy unless they're in your lap or snuggled in right beside you"

    ReplyDelete