Thursday, March 17, 2011

I thought I had her

Typically when the BF is out of town Maddy will take that Sunday off from church. I really like her to go so she can see her other friends, but I understand that she does need down time as well.

This past weekend one of my friends let me know they would not be at church. While I was helping Maddy get ready for church the following conversation occurred. Maddy and I go to church in the same building but we attend different services.

Me: Since my friend can't come to church today I think I will go to the service with you and the BF.

Maddy: NO, I don't think so

Me: But I have not been to Crowded House I wanna go and check it out. I promise to behave.

Maddy: No! You can go to your church and I will go to mine.

Me: Well if I don't have my friend to sit with and you won't let me go to your service maybe we should just stay at home. I could use the rest.

Maddy: NO!! You need to go to your service, if you don't see friends, it will give you a chance to make new friends to hang out with.

Me: Hmm, I like my friends, but I guess new ones would be ok too.

Maddy: See! You can still go to church even if your friend is not gonna be there.

Me: You are right!! I guess that means that next weekend when the BF is gone you will still go to church with me?

Maddy: *Glares*

Me: Because if I can go with my friend is not there, you can certainly go and see your friends when your boyfriend is not there.

Maddy: *Rolls Eyes* Mom, I get your point and I don't find it funny at all.

2 comments:

  1. Kids, what are you gonna do?

    You are such a fabulous Mom.... I don't think I would have the patience you do!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. How dare you try to use logic on your child! No fair Mommy!

    ReplyDelete