Monday, October 18, 2010

Communion

Recently Maddy has started going to the mainstream Senior High service at out church. This change occurred because this is the service "the boyfriend" attends. I like that she is around more kiddos her age and that she gets a bit more message out of the service.

A few weeks ago they had communion for the service. After church that day I was asking Maddy about it and the following conversation occurred.

Me: I heard you had communion during church today.

Maddy: What? I did not do anything, I was well behaved!

Me: I am sure you were well behaved, but did you participate in communion?

Maddy: Where are you hearing this stuff? I told you I did not do anything in church, I was good and followed all the rules just like I am supposed to!

Me: When you were in church today did you eat a piece of bread?

Maddy: Oh yeah we did that today.

Me: Honey, do you know what communion is?

Maddy: No not really.

On the way home we talked about communion, what it was, what it meant.

1 comment:

  1. To the uninformed, a big word like communion can be intimidating.

    ReplyDelete