Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The magic reset button

Sometimes kids are smarter than we are. They seem to have a magic reset button than makes things all better the next day. Most adults (me) want to hold on to feelings and over analyze them, play them out in different ways and ponder all the "what ifs".

This past weekend Maddy made a really bad decision. We were very disappointed in her lack of judgment and in a rare occurrence she is actually punished. I am still going over, why it happened, how I could have prevented it and basically wasting time on something I have no control over. She is a kid and she is at the age where she is supposed to make these kind of mistakes.

Within a few hours of this happening the person whom the bad decision was directed at was trying to get in touch with Maddy and said all is ok. The next morning when Maddy woke up she stated that she felt a lot better about what had happened and all would be fine.

I need to find that magic reset button these kids have, it sure would save me a lot of wasted energy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment