Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday Quilt

Just like a good homemade quilt this post will be made up of a little of this and that.

This morning Maddy leaves for a church retreat. She is looking forward to going and there is not drama, trauma or separation anxiety going on. At one point in my life I did not think she would ever do anything like this. Thank goodness I was wrong.

We (mostly meaning the hubby) have a lot of irons in the fire right now. We are truly on the edge of the verge of potential big changes in our life. As things become more solidified I will be posting, but until then send lots of prayers, positive thoughts our way.

Little glimpses of maturity keep showing up in regards to Maddy. She is much more comfortable with herself that her self confidence is in full swing. It is little things like at the mall she can wait for her food at the food court and then come and find me. She now goes into her own dressing room and does it all for herself. She comes and finds me to show me the clothes she likes as she tries them on. She will actually voice her opinion on what she likes or does not and she has a legitimate reason for it. This might not sound like much, but again I did not know if this level of independence would every happen.

A few things have happened this week that reminded me how much I do truly love the hubby. They were all little silly things, but still I am such a lucky person to have truly found a best friend to spend my life with.

We have a website about to go into beta, if you live in Texas and want to help us out go here.

I have actual real travel plans this summer! In 59 days I am going to Europe for 2 weeks with my aunt. I have not been to Europe since 1991. We are taking a fabulous cruise of the English Isles.

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. yeah for small accomplishments, vacation, a great husband and other good things!

    ReplyDelete