Friday, May 14, 2010

Birthday Parties

This Saturday I am going to a birthday party. The coolest part is that it is MY birthday party. It is not a "milestone" birthday or at least I don't think 43 qualifies. One of my dearest friends asked if she could give me a birthday party as her present to me. After a couple of moments I said, "Heck ya!".

It will be a very nice evening with friends. Right now it looks like about 15 people will be in attendance and some of them I don't get to see very often so I am looking forward to it. It will be nice to be surrounded by my favorite people knowing that they took time out of their schedules to be there. That is the nicest gift someone can give.

When I was growing up I remember a birthday party at the park the most. Not sure why, don't remember how old I was, but that is the one that I remember the most until now.

Maddy had two birthday parties that were big shindigs. For her second birthday we had just moved back to Houston so everyone who missed the first birthday were there to celebrate the second one with us. I think we had around 20-25 people.

My favorite birthday party we gave her was when the petting zoo came to our house. We had pony rides in the back yard and in the front yard we had ducks, deer, baby goats, a llama and other assorted animals. The llama did not like our dog and spent most of the day eating the fresh flowers the hubby had planted earlier in the day. Everyone wanted to ride the pony and Maddy kept telling everyone since it was her birthday she would get to ride the pony first. Once the pony arrived and was ready Maddy took one look at it and said "I am not riding that thing!".

Hopefully on your next birthday someone will give you a party and it will be fabulous!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a big ole time!

    Happppppppppy Birthdayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I am sad, right? Very sad to miss your bday party. Miss me a little tiny bit, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like so much is going on but good things! Love reading about it.

    ReplyDelete