Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Remember When?

Remember when you would go to the skating rink? Real skates not these new fangled things with the wheels in a line. The cool kids had their own skates with sparklie laces and pom poms on them. There was couples skates, reverse skate, and at the skating ring I went to the night ended with the hokey pokey.

There was usually poorly stocked concession stand and you could count on the same music being played every week. For me it was this song:





And there was always one creepy guy that lurked about at our skating rink it was a guy named Todd. Kinda makes you think about this scene:





Until next time keep the good times rolling!

3 comments:

  1. My little podunk town didn't have a skating rink. But nearly every summer, the "portable rink" would roll into town and set up in a vacant lot. You can imagine the fun and mischief that was so plentiful during the week or 2 that the rink was set up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had no rink either but I went with my kin when we were there. I killed the chicks at the rink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the skating rink a wonderful place to meet my boyfriends my mom didn't know I had.

    ReplyDelete