Monday, July 20, 2009

She WILL have her way

There are times when Maddy is so much like Mark it makes me smile. I am not wired the way they are. Typically when I am given the answer "no" with a logical reason I just move on. Not those two, if they will pursue it until they achieve their goals.

Maddy is very, very much into Twilight and the entire series. She has just about every piece of Twilight merchandise there is. She will spend hours (truly hours) scouring e-bay and all the Twilight sites for something that she just might need.

When I was in Vegas with my Mom her Grandmom took her out shopping and they purchased a good amount of Twilight stuff. While in Vegas I could not find much for Maddy as I had been there just a few months before so I also took her to Hot Topic and both the few things she still wanted. As Maddy is showing Mark all her new Twilight stuff he declared a ban on all things Twilight. He stated that she had enough and there would be nothing new purchased. He and I both know that in November with New Moon coming out it will cost us a bit more than just a movie ticket to see the show.

A few days later Maddy brought up the fact again that she needs a new mouse pad for her computer. The one she has is very old but still works. Big surprise, there is an Edward mouse pad she wants from E-bay. I went to Amazon to look there for one and she of course did not like any of those. Every Saturday she has a list for Mark of things to do for her I-Pod and I told her to put a new mouse pad on that list and we would talk about it over the weekend.

Maddy is not one to wait when she wants something so when Mark got home she told him about the mouse pad she wanted. When he told her no that he would buy her a good decent mouse pad, she was not happy. A couple of days later when Mark arrived home from work she brought down the mouse pad she was using. It had a picture of Mickey Mouse on it and she loudly stated to him that she had a mouse pad with a picture on it and that mouse pad worked just fine. She did not understand why she could not have a new mouse pad with a different picture on it.


The next day Mark ordered the new mouse pad with a picture of Edward on it. The girl is good..what can I say!

2 comments:

  1. Persistence is the key to achieving all things unnecessary.
    My daughter is an honors graduate from the school of "wear 'em down and they'll give in". There are only a few things that I can remember that she really wanted and was initially told "no" that she didn't eventually end up with.
    But aren't that what they're for? As long as she was well-behaved and respectful, I don't have a problem spoiling her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol!

    Both of my kids have it Mastered!

    ReplyDelete