Monday, June 29, 2009

Traveling

This summer I have traveled more away from the kiddo and the hubby than well since forever. I enjoyed the time with the hubby in April and I had a great time with Mom last week. But I am so glad to be home, back in the routine. These trips have given me a chance to reflect on just how very blessed and lucky I am.

I like getting up in the morning and helping Mark get out the door in an efficient manner. Yes I know he is perfectly capable of leaving the house on his own. I enjoy those few minutes working as a team and giving him a kiss as he heads to work.

The morning quiet after he is gone and before Maddy wakes is my favorite part of the day. I get things going such as laundry, make my list for the day and of course play with the dog. I take time to drink coffee and do all the silly internet things I like to do.

Once Maddy is up and about we begin the whirlwind that is our day. A typical week will include speech therapy, running errands, food shopping, going to the mall, working out, watching t.v. and playing video games. Throughout the week I am always looking for the "teachable" moments with her. The t.v. time and the video game times are all about socials skills, predicting outcomes, O.T. and appropriate behaviors and actions.

Once Mark is home from work we have dinner and settle in for our usual night time routine which will includes watching movies, listening to Mark on the phone about one of his many scripts and hearing him type for hours while he improves what he has previously written or creates something new.

In some ways every day is a vacation for me since I don't think of it as work. Remind me of these words in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment