Sunday, June 14, 2009

Family Reunion and Back to Vegas

Next week is my family reunion. I will leave for the hill country on Thursday and then make a mad dash back to Houston on Saturday because Mom and I are leaving for Vegas on Sunday. For those of you paying attention, yes I went to Vegas in April.

Every year around Father's day weekend we have our family reunion in the Hill Country. For the majority of people in attendance this is the only time I get to see them. I always look forward to going and keeping that sense of family. We come from all walks of life, have different views on the world, but we are all family. It is nice to know that for one weekend a year we can stop what we are doing and take the time to come together. Sometimes I think I might take a year off, but when it comes closer to the reunion I just can't. I want to see everyone, hear about their year and know that I will see them again next year. (Jana, I still need to get with you about coming to visit!!)

My Mom and I have not taken a trip together in several years and so when we did not know what to do for each other for Mother's day and my birthday we decided to head to Vegas. Mom has not been in a LONG time and I am very happy to go back again. So we harnessed the power of the Internet, found some good deals and we fly out next Sunday.

Next week is very busy with doctor/dentist appointments, being out of town and going to Vegas. I will try to post at least on Wednesday, but not sure if I will be able to do much more than that.

Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment