Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Where did the day go?

Yesterday was the day to get all the stuff sitting around my computer done. That was the goal, I had one goal. Sounds simple, should be manageable and somehow I barely managed to get around to working on it. The goal is the same for today, hopefully it will go better. Shall we take a look at what I did yesterday to see why I did not manage to get this done?

After waking I brushed the teeth and hair. I took the dog outside, made coffee and got breakfast and lunch ready for the hubby. After the hubby got out the door it was around 6:20ish in the morning. I did my random Internet reading and played with the dog a bit. I headed to the kitchen to get some work done in there when I heard Peggle calling me. So I did sit and play Peggle for about 15 mins.

I get the sheets in the washing machine from the guest house and I begin to hear the stirring of the child. This means it is now 8:00 in the morning. After dragging out the laundry from the bedroom, I get sidetracked by the dog who was chewing on something. I discover that he has destroyed another limb on a dog toy, so I have to convince him to give it to me so I can do quick surgery and return the toy to him.

The child comes down the stairs in her normal cranky mood (maybe I should remind her of the days I made her get up at 7?). We determine what she wants for breakfast. I have to ask her twice to bring down her laundry so I can try to get it all done today. While she is eating I decide to finish my book since I only had one chapter left. Once she is all finished and ready to start school the time is now around 9:00.

Before we start with school I need to call the speech therapist because Maddy's speech device has arrived. We have been waiting for this about 8 months so the arrival is a big deal. Last week while we were at speech the therapist said we could zip in once it arrived to learn how to use it. (Zipping in is a 35-40 minute drive each way). It takes me three tries to get someone on the phone and I end up just talking to the therapist since the times she has free I can't make. We go over the instructions over the phone and I have now just saved just over an hour. (Will I use it wisely?)

For school right now we are doing some baseline testing so I can review what she has learned and what things are realistic to work on next year. In theory these are great days to get things done around the house ( yeah right!). I get her all settled and review the instructions. I head out to the guest house to make that bed. The dog decides I need help with this so what should take me 5 minutes takes me 15 minutes. While outside I notice roses that are ready to be cut. I inspect all my vases and decide that I need to place these in a different vase. I get the vase, gloves, scissors and I work on my roses for about 15 minutes.

I head inside ( hold that thought, the dog is pestering me..be back in a minute or two) and remember that I have to be at Blockbuster at 10. Tuesday the new movies come out and if you want to get them on Blu-Ray you need to be there early. I head into the bedroom to make the bed and after that I see that Maddy is in the living room with the dog and not at the table where she belongs. I am informed that her I-Pod touch is not working. (When she is testing I let her listen to music.) I begin the trouble shooting process and after about 20 minutes I decide I need to just do a full restore on it. I get that process going, get the kiddo back to the table to test and decide I need to get to Blockbuster since it is now 10:15. Once there, they do not have the one movie the hubby said he wanted. I call the hubby to see if he wants anything else. The answer is no, so I head home with the two movies I rushed to Blockbuster with.

I get back home, move laundry around and get the I-pod back to the kiddo. ( Hooray, the restore worked and that saved me a trip to the Apple store at the mall.) Finally I am ready to clean the kitchen! I get going on the kitchen while she is finishing her test. I decide what I will fix for dinner and manage to get the kitchen clean. She finishes her test and wants to be done for the day. I however have other plans for her. After her homework has been assigned she decides to head upstairs and get that done. Once that is done the dryer is beeping at me so off to fold more clothes I go. It is now around 11:30ish and the kiddo and I decided to go out to eat.

While we are out we run a couple of errands. Once home I begin the restocking of the drink fridge. It is really nice to have a fridge that is just for drinks, but the restocking can be a bit of a pain. Just as I am finishing I hear grumbles of discontent from upstairs. Her stupid I-pod is acting up again. Once again I begin trouble shooting and decide to try another restore. While I am doing this I sneak in a little Internet reading. This time the restore does not work and at 1:30 in the afternoon I don't feel like heading back out and facing the mall. After assuring the kiddo that she will live until tomorrow without the I-pod I hear the dryer beeping with the last load of laundry.

Whew...all the laundry is done, the house is picked up and clean..now I can get done what I meant to get done in the morning. I head to the computer, see that it is now 2:30 and I sigh. I start to sort the papers around my computer and get a few things done. Then the hubby comes home early unexpected. I love when he comes home early so I stop what I am doing so we can do our afternoon/evening routines.

Maybe today I will get that pile of paperwork done.

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope some of your internet reading includes theragsland.blogspot.com even if I'm verrrry slow at updating!! I'm totally looking forward to seeing you and Maddy a the Killgore reunion.

    ReplyDelete