Thursday, May 21, 2009

What's your favorite question

Watching my husband and daughter interact is both a thing of beauty and a comedy. Her relationship with him is so different than the one she has with me. I savor the times I can just sit back and watch the two of them in action. They are so similar in so many ways.

This week at dinner the following exchange happened.

Maddy: Dad, what's your favorite question?

Dad: What's your favorite question?

Maddy: I asked you first.

Dad: That was my answer, that is my favorite question.

Maddy: That is not a question!

Me: Why was it a question when you asked, but not when he answered?

Maddy: Because!! (insert eye rolling at Mom)

Maddy: So Dad, what is your favorite question?

Dad: Wassup?

Maddy: What is that? That is not a question!

Dad: Sure it is.

Maddy No it is not!

Me: He is asking "What is up?"

Maddy: Oh, well that is a question.

Dad: Wassup?

Maddy: What? Oh never mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment