Monday, April 13, 2009

Lunch conversation

Today at lunch the kiddo and I are talking about music. She loves music and so it is a topic of conversation quite often. We started with American Idol, the contestants and then the themes every week. She asked about the music that was on the radio the year she was born and the year I was born. We decided to look it up on the internet when we got home.

She then mentioned that "Banma" (my Mom) does not listen to the radio in her car, she listens to audio books. I told her that when I was growing up and going places with my mom we did not listen to the radio, we listened to classical music. After she stopped making horrible faces of torture she said, "Well at least you had your I-Pod you could listen to music on".

When I told her that I-Pods did not exist when I was growing up she looks at me with great sympathy in her eyes and states, "Oh my God Mom, it was so hard for you when you were growing up!"

2 comments:

  1. Jake commented to Zac yesterday that "when Dad and her were young, they had candles." I remember asking my mom if everything was in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is so funny the things they just assume we had as kids. Maddy still asks me about what I watched on Disney channel and does not believe me when I tell her I did not have that channel.

    ReplyDelete