Friday, March 27, 2009

Vegas Baby



This time next week the husband and I are headed to Las Vegas! Most people don't understand how truly remarkable this trip will be for us. If I have done my math right (trust me I haven't) this will be the first time in 8 years the husband and I will actually take a trip alone. With a special needs kiddo it is about near impossible to get time alone. Time alone for us is when she goes to her grandparents for a few hours.

When the hubby first mentioned the possibility to me we discussed taking her with us, but we both knew we would really like to take the trip ourselves.
I then called my Mother to see if she was available that week. Like an angel descending from the heavens she said she could come and stay with the kiddo and puppy. (Note: this is not an actual picture of my Mother) The in-laws are going to be out of the country while we are gone so Mom is bravely taking on both the kiddo and the puppy by herself.

All next week I will make myself crazy trying to think of every single thing that might happen and what my Mom might need to know. But what I do know is that everything will be fine. The kiddo loves her Banma and can't wait to spend the week with her, the puppy will make them both crazy as puppies do. My Mom survived raising me so I think she can handle things for a week here at the house.

I will over prepare, I will forget things, but I have promised myself once I get on that plane I will relax and enjoy this trip. Who knows how long until we get to take another one.





No comments:

Post a Comment