Monday, March 16, 2009

One Week

At the end of the day today I will have gone one full week without a beer. For anyone who knows me understands that I love beer. I love the smell, taste, texture, well everything about beer. Heck I am getting a little warm and fuzzy thinking about beer right now.

My friendship with beer started easy enough, a beer here and there. Then if one beer is good then two would be great. If two beers are good then three would be even better. Well then I married a man that also loved beer as much as I did. Somewhere along the way that crazy word called moderation faded into the background. Between the two of us I think we might have kept the beer industry afloat (no pun intended).

Now the the husband and I are a bit older the beer is not so friendly to us anymore. For a couple of years now we have had the following conversation where one of us states that we need to lose weight. Then after about 10 minutes of crazy ideas on how to lose weight I would say..well we both know what we need to do. After a panicked moment we would laugh and enjoy our beer later that day.

There was no big event that lead up to the break in my friendship with beer, just the fact that it was time to do something and that time was now. It might take me forever to make up my mind, but once I do, I am 110%. This week I have practiced moderation with having no more than 2 glasses of my favorite red wine (Bully Hill vineyards, Love My Goat) and a martini sprinkled in for good measure. I lost some weight this week and already I feel better over all.

So to all my little bottled friends out there...I won't forget you, but we won't be hanging out together anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment