Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Just like picking a puppy

Maddy recently broke up with her boyfriend.  She is happy for the freedom, but she does miss the "idea" of a boyfriend.  She has now decided that every boy in her line of sight is up for grabs.  She gives them the look over and then gives me a look or a nod of interest.

She and her best friend have been volunteering in one of the children's room at church and Maddy was most excited that a cute boy was also working in the room.  This Sunday after the service I went to get her and her from from where they volunteer. I could see both of them standing by one of the adults.  I waved and they waved back but did not come to me. 

I worked my way through the sea of children and went up to them.  The adult explained to me that Maddy wanted to meet one of the boys in the room.  After the room cleared a bit the adult called a young man over.  As he made our way towards us Maddy looked at her and said "No, No, not that one, the one over there!".  By this time the young man had joined us.  Maddy got so shy she stood behind the adult and look all googly eyed at the boy.  Finally I took the incentive and introduced everyone.  Maddy finally stated he was cute and she liked him just fine.

I could not help but laugh and once we headed out of church I told Maddy that finding a new boyfriend is not like picking out a puppy.  You don't to just walk up and choose one.  I had her best friend in stitches as we left because I made sure to point out EVERY boy and ask Maddy if maybe that one was the right boy for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment