Saturday, February 26, 2011

Middle age

The hubby had a birthday this week and I have one in May.  We are now in our middle 40's.  Over the past few weeks I have heard about people we know and it is so surprising to me that how different our lives are from those around us.

In the past month I have been told about two people who have just gone off the deep end crazy ,one suicide attempt and one divorce.  I wonder what is it that causes this kind of change.  On the flip side I see via Face Book a lot of people who are taking up marathons and long distance biking.  This I can understand and I am now also in a phase to try to whip this body back into shape.  However I am pretty sure I will not be taking my exercise to marathon level.

Even though I am trying to eat better, exercise more and overall be a better person I don't think is has to do with my age.  I am doing these things for me, for my family and because I have known I needed to do it for a long, long time.

I am happy to report that I am very happy with my life, family, marriage and even though I complain once in a while I am happy to have work to do in addition to running the house.  I stay very busy with things that I need to do and things that Maddy has to do.  Maybe that is the difference?  We are all very busy and that requires us to  pitch in and help each other out.  The family that works non-stop stays together?

Self esteem and respect are the keys for me.  We all have it for each other and ourselves in my house.  Is that the combination other people are missing?  While my heart hurts for these people, I am thankful that I am not even close to being able to understand why or how for them.

I hope that everyone reading this is happy and healthy.  Think something nice about yourself and say something nice to someone around you.

1 comment:

  1. I love this, you said it perfectly, I agree with it all. I also think having a purpose, even if that purpose is just to have and raise a good family, makes all the difference in the world as well.

    ReplyDelete