Sunday, January 16, 2011

What we do for love

Today I am going to to do something I really, really, really don't want to do.  But for Maddy, I will.

She and BF have not seen each other in 3 weeks.  He was out of town hunting (rumor has it I might score some deer meat today!!) and then he had to go to the wedding.  Typically they see each other once a week and of course they talk on the phone every day.  When you are that age 3 weeks seems like 3 years. 

About week 1.5 into their being apart they started in on spending time after church today.  What they really wanted to have happen was for the BF to come home with us and go to the in laws.  (We pretty much spend every Sunday afternoon with the in-laws.)  However, the BF has Special Olympics basketball practice today so that was not an option.

I really despise going to a mall on the weekend.  Why should I ever go on a Saturday or a Sunday when I can go on a Tuesday when it is nice and quiet.  Because I know how much they want to see each other and how much they want to hold hands.  (We are mean parents and we don't let them hold hands in church.)  I told them both I would take them to the mall today.

So after church I get to go eat at the mall food court , then walk either in front of or behind two teenagers and try my best to not embarrass them.  Thank goodness the BF has to be home at a certain time before practice or I think they would have me there all day.

Next week is the big date..I am still not sure I am ready for it, but oh well.  More information on that coming soon...

1 comment:

  1. What a great Mom you are. I bet raising kids these days is tough...so much to worry about. I know there are no rule books on "what to do and what not to do" and that makes it even more difficult.

    Teenage love is so sweet. Sometimes I wish I was still 15 and innocent.

    Then, I think, nope, I like being 51 cuz I like myself, cellulite and all!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete