Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Learning to behave

Yesterday Maddy and I were out and about and decided to pick up some lunch to bring home. Maddy told me she would pay for lunch. She did not want to go inside so she handed me her wallet to pay for lunch. The wallet is covered with cut out and taped on pictures of Justin Bieber.

Maddy: Ok Mom, if they ask why you have pictures of Justin...

Me: I am gonna say "He is SO dreamy"

Maddy: NO, really Mom, let me finish. If they ask why you have pictures of Justin all over the wallet just explain that it is your daughters wallet.

Me: No way, I am gonna make googly eyes and say he is dreamy

Maddy: MOM! I am serious, that would just be weird. Explain the wallet is mine.

Me: Ok, so I am gonna go inside and if they ask me (insert very stern look from Maddy) I am gonna explain that my very sweet daughter offered to buy me lunch and this is her wallet.

Maddy: Wow, Mom, that was really good, better than I expected.

I go inside, buy lunch, do not get asked about the wallet. As soon as I am back in the car...

Maddy: Where is my change? Did they ask about the wallet?

I gave her the change, explained there were no questions about the wallet. One day I might grow up and behave so I won't have to be told what to do when I buy lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment