Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Goals revisited

Now that we are halfway done with the year it is time for me to look back at the goals I set and see how I am doing.


1. I am going to lose 24 pounds this year. That is 2 pounds a month and if I don't do it then shame on me for being lazy.

I was doing so well on my weight loss and changing my eating habits. Then I went on a 3 week bender of my old bad habits. I am back to exercising and eating right again. Even though I am a few pounds behind, I do believe I will make this goal.


2. By the end of the year I want Maddy to cut her own food 75% of the time. It will be so nice to go out to eat and be able to eat my food when it arrives, not after I have taken care of Maddy.


We are doing incredible with this goal. Maddy will now even ask to cut her own food. We have had a lot of new found independence lately!


3. I will have more patience with Maddy. I have already improved on this and now I need to take it to the next level. There needs to be a lot more of me watching and guiding and letting things take 5 times longer than if I had done it. She will never master anything if I keep doing it for her.


This is still a give and take. We are finding that happy medium. The other day the dryer just had her clothes in it and she was able to unload, hang and fold all her clothes. Progress is being made in this area.


4. I am going to actually follow up and visit people when I say I will. The past year has brought me new friends and lots of good times with them. I need to do that with all my friends.

I can honestly say that I have spent more time with friends this year than I have in the past several years. There are still many places to go and lots of friends to see!


5. I am going to try to be a better person and not fall to the temptation to speak negatively about people. Instead I will find something good to say or offer help for the situation.

This is a tough one, but I do believe I have been more positive than negative when discussing my concerns regarding people and situations. I am having to work with Maddy on this in a situation so it is a good chance to be a good example.


6. This year the blog will have more of my personality to it. I am going to write what I think and not worry about who is reading it. I would also like to get to 20 followers this year. So I better write some darn funny/thought provoking posts!

I have had some blog ups and downs, but I am pleased with my postings so far this year. I need to do less worrying about what I write and do more writing!


7. I will get the things on my list done that have been there for a long time. The Letter of Intent will be done, the complete clean out of the file cabinet will get done and the organization and certificates for all our art will be done. The photo/serial number inventory will get done.

I have completed the Letter of Intent, I am currently cleaning all windows inside and out. Next up is the storage room and then the inventory will be done. Doing great on all my house hold projects.

8. I will cook more and add more variety to our dinner menus. Mostly I will add more vegetables and find a way to have Maddy be a part of the dinner making process. (This goes along with items number 2 and 3.)

We have had some of the most delicious meals this year. We are eating so many more vegetables. I am cooking and baking every week and I love it!

9. I will finish the dog training I have talked about and wanted to do. Bruiser is very smart and we need to put his energy and little brain to work!

This one is the goal that slipped between the cracks. I work with him when he makes me crazy and then we go back to our normal routine.

10. I will live, love and laugh every day and count my blessings. I will not worry about the things I can not change, but concentrate on the people and situations I can impact.

Wow! I am having to remind myself daily right now that I can not change how other people act, I can only make sure that my house is in order.

2 comments:

  1. 1,5, and 8 were all goals of mine too, and I am pleased that I am doing pretty good on them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Go, Girlfriend! Now where's my BEER!

    ps-don't believe everything Tracy says...

    ReplyDelete