Friday, April 2, 2010

Two for one Friday

Impressing the ladies!

Due to recent events I am now reading the text messages on Maddy's phone each morning. Every once in a while during my reading of anywhere from 20-80 messages something will crack me up. This week one of the funnier text conversations happened.

Boy: What are you doing?

Maddy: Listening to music

Boy: So what would u do if I rolled up to your house in a Porsche with 24's
*Note, the boy is very much into cars and I think he thought he would really WOW Maddy with the text*

Maddy: Idk

Boy: I would be out front in that Porsche with 24's just for you

Maddy: Umm ok, why are you out front and did you ask my parents if you can come over?

Guess it takes more that a flashy car to impress Maddy!

Movies

We were out running errands today and I stopped at Block Buster to look for a couple of movies. I decided up the movie Men Who Stare at Goats. Later during the errands I saw Maddy reading the movie case.

Maddy: What is the name of this movie?

Me: Read the title.

Maddy: The Men Who Stare at Goats????

Me: Yep

Maddy: OMG Boring, I bet there is no action in this movie. Why would anyone want to watch a movie about looking at goats. And really, who would want to know more about the people who do this??



I hope she is wrong about the movie and that I enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. It has to be exciting to read someone's texts like that. I understand that as her mother it is an important safeguard.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete