Friday, April 16, 2010

This and That

Happy weekend Blog world!

During the days, I have little things happen and I think what a great blog post that would be. I get home and by the time I can sit down to try to write about it other things have happened or I just plain forget was was so great about what I wanted to write. When I have those kind of weeks I have decided to post random things that have occurred.

Glimpses of Maddy

Last night Maddy and I did some volunteer work at the church thrift shop. The volunteer work part was good, but during this time I was able to see glimpses of Maddy that really made me smile. Maddy and I are together all the time and no matter who you are when your Mom is around you are just a little (or in some cases a lot) different than when you are on your own. This is a group of kids and adults Maddy is very comfortable with. During dinner and while working at the thrift store I let Maddy do what she wanted and made sure that I was in a different area. Throughout the evening I was able to watch her deal with kids and adults her way. She was charming, funny and a joy to be around. She was comfortable with who she was and laughed a sweet, innocent laugh most of the evening. I was a proud parent last night.


I am such a rebel

I am a rule follower so I tend to be an accidental rebel. While filling out the census I realized halfway through that I was putting check marks in the boxes instead an "x". Fear me!!

Prom

Maddy had her second prom at the church last weekend. This year she knew enough people that she was really looking forward to it. Her "boyfriend?" was beaming and she was able to spend the evening with a "date" and it was funny to watch her tell him to bug off when she wanted to be with her other friends.

My mom came with us this year and took us out to a lovely dinner beforehand. Maddy loved having her Banma there and I know that mom enjoyed the evening as much as we did. Having my mom there this year made it more special. Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment