Monday, February 8, 2010

Kids and words

When little kids are learning new words funny things can happen.

Maddy used to say never instead of ever. Her favorite thing to say was that we were the best parents she never had.

This weekend we were at the in-laws house and my nephew was explaining to us about a hard part in his video game. He said that the bums eyes always got him. He told us how they would hide in the grass and then jump up and yell BUMS EYES!!

Turns out they were yelling Banzai.

5 comments:

  1. That's very funny! She must be a lot of fun.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehehehe
    kids make me laff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake used to say hollypop for lollypop and Hot Tamolies for Hot Tamales. He had a bunch of others that I can't remember, but I make it last as long as possible by using the wrong words. Oh yeah, Zac used to call rubberbands bumblebees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom used to ask my sister if she had "Gone looney"...my sister thought she was saying "Gone ballooning"...we still ask about gone ballooning!

    I also had a basketball coach that said "lack-uh-dazzle"...I had to explain that she meant lackadaisical...

    My grandmother says sire-castic, so does my mom, so do I, so Matt makes fun of us...

    ReplyDelete