Saturday, January 30, 2010

When you have beer

When we go out to buy beer we buy a lot of it. I don't mean one or two six packs, cases or whatnot. We watch for sales and if there is no limit we typically buy around 10 or 12. Maddy is horrified at this but the hubby finds it to be the most efficient system.

I am always amazed at how many strangers will talk to you when you have a cart full of beer. The comments are usually pretty consistent and range from asking when/where the party is to wanting to follow us home.

What is it about a cart full of beer that makes people talk to a stranger? Maybe beer is the secret weapon to world peace?

3 comments:

  1. I wish I liked Beer. I like sex, but not beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that people are relieved to think that others drink more than they do, thus the like you immediately because they think they are light drinkers when they see you buying a loy, just my opinion. I always drank more when I had a lot available, so I keep any supply low now.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may be on to something . . . I had 8 beers Saturday night and felt pretty peaceful!

    ReplyDelete