Friday, January 15, 2010

Head meet brick wall

Just a little frustrated here. Seems like lately I keep running into brick walls. Thinking I might try banging my head against them, nothing else has worked.

Right now the focus in my life is trying to identify what is causing me stress and how to eliminate it. This is kind of difficult because I don't really feel stressed out, but according to all data I must be stressed.

Back about mid last year I went to a dermatologist because my skin was incredibly dry and itchy. I have dry skin anyway so I try to keep lotion lathered on me at all times. This however was not your average hey my skin itches, it was the I was waking up in the middle of the night because I have scratched so much I was bleeding. I have little bad spots in random places where I have just about destroyed my skin. The doctor prescribed two medications and neither of them have made a blooming difference. The doctor said I had Eczema that was probably due to stress. So I spent time and money on a doctor visit and medication to only go back to what I was doing in the first place. Lather myself in lotion and try not to scratch.

More recently I went to see a gastroenterologist regarding some issues and I got to do all kinds of blood work, diet changes and a colonoscopy. I have gotten all the results in and well, I am fine. However I am not fine as I still have all the same issues that I had before I spent all of this money! The doctor believes it has to do with stress most likely.

Lets leave out the stress caused by spending my time and lots of money from doctor visits look at what causes stress in my life. Hmmm..nothing really.

I have a wonderful husband. We love and respect each other and there are some exciting new opportunities on the horizon and life is good. I am able to stay at home and provide Maddy with a great education. We have been able to introduce Maddy to a great set of social situations and she has made good friends. I worry about Maddy, but I have done that for her whole life and will continue to.

How do you fix a problem that you can't find. Is my stress coming from a lack of stress? At this point I think I will have the next doctor write me a prescription for a hot tub, massages and good red wine. If that does not fix my stress I don't know what will!

1 comment:

  1. My opinion, it is stress, which is good because YOU can talk and think yourself out of it! No medicines needed, Think your way out of it, and add more aerobic exercise to your life. I'll be thinking of you!

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete